Where has the time gone? How is it already 2019 and HOW am I already entering my third trimester?! That means I only have 12 weeks left of being pregnant – and who knows if baby B will stay in there and cook that long. [Nervous sweats just typing this.]
Most pregnant women say their second trimester is their favorite, but I must say I’m currently loving the point in pregnancy where I’m at – leaving the second and entering the third. I’m finally feeling kicks on a daily basis, not dealing with any nausea, and my bump is getting rounder. [Six weeks ago I only felt like I was gaining in my hips and I now feel like my belly is rounding out vs. widening.]
With all that being said, I’ve heard I’m in for a real treat in the coming months. Lower back pain, rib kicks, lightning crotch [yes that’s really a thing – click here], and all the other glorious symptoms that come in the final stages of pregnancy. Oddly enough, I can’t wait.
For several weeks, 22-26, I somewhat struggled with watching my body change, often complaining to my husband. [Sorry babe.] However, as I get closer to meeting my daughter [holy $h*t that sounds weird], I’m starting to love the changes. I find myself clinging to my belly more and more, eager to feel little kicks. [Just got kicked as I typed this!] I love what the weight gain means, and I’m starting to feel sad I’ll no longer have my bump in a few short months.
My goal for the third trimester is to soak up every minute of it. To not complain too much to my husband about any associated pain. To embrace every pound gained. To take as many naps as possible, and to enjoy the precious time of it simply being just my husband and me. [Even though he’s a CPA, we’re now in tax season, and I likely won’t see him until the delivery room. Ugh.]
- How far along: 28 weeks
- Due date: April 2019
- Baby size: About the size of a large eggplant or a head of cauliflower. Measuring around 2 pounds and 6 ounces.
- Baby heart rate: 130 bpm [Lowest it’s been so far]
- Weight gain: 25 pounds
- Gender: GIRL! [Watch our gender reveal here]
- Symptoms/how I’m feeling: Nausea has ended for the most part. I’m now experiencing indigestion for the first time in my life with spicy foods as well as acid reflux. [Living on these TUMS]
- Movement: She was moving and grooving from weeks 23-27, but the movement stopped this week for about 3 days – She actually gave me quite the scare, which I plan on writing about. Long story short – she’s currently breech with her arms and feet by her head, and I wasn’t feeling much movement for several days. Thankfully, the kicks have started to pick back up. I also have an anterior placenta, so that doesn’t help.
- Baby’s position: Frank breech [Hoping she flips back]
- Sleep: My sleep has significantly improved. I think I’ve finally adjusted to sleeping on my side. However, I’m still waking up overnight to pee. Also, leg cramps… woof.
- Cravings: This week it has been orange juice and Fritos… wtf, I know.
- Exercise: Trying to do cardio four times a week. [Key word: trying]
- Missing: Margaritas and cold cuts [I am going to crush a Jimmy John’s Italian Night Club the second she’s born. Sponsor me, JJ!]
- Clothing: Still living in my Blanqi maternity leggings and pajamas, of course.
- Looking forward to: Finishing the nursery and meeting our little girl.
- Happenings: My mom and I are working hard on the nursery – it’s going to be super girly! We also have our first shower in Birmingham this weekend, and two more planned after that. We’re also trying to figure out her name.
- Best moment: Finding out our baby is a girl… all the feels!
Shop the look: I’ve loved wearing this non-maternity dress for my bump comparison photos. It’s from Amazon & only $13. BUY HERE
3 thoughts on “Bumpdate: 28 weeks”
Congrats on pregnancy. Check out our blog for moms and moms to be and join our community and conversations. Would love to hear your thoughts and advice you can share with other ladies. Comment on some of our various topics we have up and under older posts ☺️
LikeLiked by 1 person