I absolutely LOVE Christmastime. All the bright lights, beautiful decorations, and cheerful music. I’m especially loving this holiday season because of the tiny present growing in my belly. [Thanks, Santa]
It’s hard to believe, but I’m already halfway through my pregnancy. [Um, WHAT?!] The first 20 weeks flew by, which kinda freaks me out because I need the next 20 to slow down a bit. We haven’t even registered yet. We should probably take care of that…
Going forward, I want to give you a “bumpdate” every month or so, starting with the halfway mark, week 20.
This week, we had our anatomy scan appointment, which is basically a super detailed ultrasound. It also allows you to find out the gender of the baby, but since we are having a gender reveal party in a few weeks, we opted not to know. [AND IT’S KILLING ME!]
Anyways, our appointment went very well and the doctor said the baby is looking great.
- How far along: 20 weeks
- Due date: April 2019
- Baby size: About the size of a banana and measuring around ¾ of a pound [I think that’s what they said]
- Baby heart rate: 155 bpm [It was 133 at the last appointment several weeks ago]
- Weight gain: Can we not?
- Gender: We’ll know soon!
- Symptoms/how I’m feeling: Nausea has been going strong, but it seems to be getting better [Knock on wood]
- Movement: Still on flutter watch. I learned at our appointment my placenta is anterior, which means feeling flutters and kicks will be slightly delayed. With that being said, the baby was a spaz during the ultrasound and wouldn’t stop moving!
- Baby’s position: Head down/anterior [I think]
- Sleep: LOL, good one. I normally sleep on my back, so trying to sleep on my side has been a real treat. I also wake up 2-3 times per night to pee.
- Cravings: Salty one minute, sweet the next. Thanksgiving was pure bliss.
- Exercise: Trying to do cardio four times a week
- Missing: Wine and sleeping on my back
- Clothing: I have been living in my Blanqi maternity leggings
- Looking forward to: Finding out the gender! Patrick thinks it’s a boy and I think it’s a girl.
- Happenings: We have slowly started cleaning out what will be the nursery, but haven’t done much. [By “we” I mean me.] We also plan on registering in the next few weeks.
- Best moment: Anytime I see Patrick get excited when talking about our baby. [Now that gives me flutters.]
2 thoughts on “Bumpdate: 20 weeks”
Congrats on pregnancy. Check out our blog for moms and moms to be and join our community and conversations. Would love to hear your thoughts and advice you can share with other ladies