If you’re in need of a last-minute Thanksgiving dessert – I’ve got you covered.
Last year, my coworker, Katie, made the most amazing, creamy, peanut butter chocolate pie and it quickly became one of my favorite recipes. Since she’s currently on maternity leave, I couldn’t bear the thought of not having that deliciousness this Thanksgiving, so I made one in her honor.
This pie is easy to make without the stress of a homemade crust, AND it tastes like heaven.
What is a turkey’s favorite dessert? Peach gobbler!
What you’ll need for Katie’s Creamy Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 1- 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1- 16 oz container (or 2- 8 oz containers) of whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
- 1 jar hot fudge topping
- 1 premade graham cracker or chocolate pie crust
- First beat together peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar on medium. Fold in 3 cups of whipped topping (8 oz- either half of your 16 oz or one whole 8 oz) until well blended. Spoon mixture into pie crust, smoothing it out to the edge.
- Transfer 2 tablespoons of hot fudge and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter into separate ziplock bags, for use as garnish.
- Microwave the rest of the hot fudge for 1 minute, stir and then spread onto pie. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until set.
- Spread the leftover whipped topping (1.5-3 cups, either half of your remaining amount or all of your remaining amount) on top of hot fudge layer.
- Cut a small corner of the ziplock bags of hot fudge and peanut butter, and drizzle on top of pie.
Happy Thanksgiving, y’all!