I know everyone thinks their mama is the best cook, but mine really is. AND her pimento cheese will *literally* be the greatest thing you’ve ever put in your mouth… if you enjoy pimento cheese, that is.
*Scroll down for recipe*
Fact: I know it’s cheesy… but I think this recipe is ‘grate.’
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese. [Taste better to use a bar of cheese and shred yourself.] You can also use instead 1 cup sharp cheddar and 1 cup Monterey Jack.
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened at room temp
- 1/3 to 1/2 good quality mayo such as Hellmann’s or Dukes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers seeded, minced, & diced
- 1 (4 oz.) jar diced pimentos drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the shredded cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayo, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, minced jalapeños and pimentos into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Best if chilled at least an hour or overnight.
One thought on “Recipe: Jan’s Pimento Cheese”