Two words: Chocolate lasagna.
Now, before your mind goes to weird places that include marinara sauce and chocolate chips mixed together, let me just say STOPPP. No, this dish doesn’t call for marinara sauce, and it’s ten times better than normal lasagna. That’s because it’s a mixture of ten kinds of wonderful. Oreos, Cool Whip, cream cheese, sugar… just to name a few.
Oh yeah, I should probably go ahead and tell you… this isn’t healthy. Not even in the slightest. This IS, however, amazing. It’s the perfect dish for a summer bbq, a spring bridal shower, a fall football tailgate, or a winter Christmas cocktail party. You get the point, it’s great year-round.
Okay, I’ll shut up now. I’m sure you’re already sold.
*Scroll down for the recipe*
Fact: A balanced diet is having chocolate in both hands.
What you’ll need:
- 36 Oreo cookies [Regular, NOT double stuffed]
- 6 Tbs. butter, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 ¼ cups cold milk, plus 2 Tbs., divided
- 2 – 3.9 oz. packages of chocolate instant pudding mix
- 12 oz. tub Cool Whip, divided
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- In a food processor, crush Oreo cookies into crumbs. Make sure there are no large chunks.
- In a medium bowl, mix melted butter into cookie crumbs using a fork. When butter is mixed in, transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Use a spatula to press the crumbs down into the bottom of the baking dish as evenly as possible.
- Put baking dish in the fridge while you work on the next step.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the 2 Tbs. of cold milk + sugar. Mix well. Then, with a large spoon, mix in 1 ¼ cups of Cool Whip until well combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over Oreo cookie crush. Put the dish back in the fridge and let it chill for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix chocolate instant pudding and 3 ¼ cups cold milk until the pudding starts to thicken. [I do this with a whisk.] Then, spread pudding over cream cheese layer.
- Return baking dish back to fridge to chill for another 10 minutes.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip over the pudding layer, and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
- Chill in the fridge for about four hours or freezer for one hour
- Enjoyyyyy it!
*Warning: If you bring this dish to a party, you’ll likely leave the party with more friends*
Thank you for the recipe, The Kitchen Snob!
Click here to view more of my saved recipes on my Pinterest page.