I have a guacamole recipe that will guac your world! I’m pretty sure I got this recipe after seeing a post by Ryan Seacrest several years ago, which is SO random. But, who cares where it came from… no one gives a guac!
Okay, I’m done with the puns. For now…
*Scroll down for recipe*
Fact: You’ll never hit guac bottom with this recipe
What you’ll need:
- 3-4 soft/ripe Haas avocados
- 1 tomato, chopped [I prefer Roma]
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced/finely chopped [If you like things milder, see note in directions below]
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped [I sauté the onion in a small skillet with a little olive oil]
- 2-3 Tbs. chopped cilantro [I add extra cilantro b/c I’m a guac-star]
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. kosher salt, or sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- Chop/prep all ingredients. For the avocados, cut in half, remove pit, then mash with a fork. For the tomatoes, remove all seeds and chop into small chunks.
- The jalapeño doesn’t make the dip spicy, but if you would like to play it on the safer side & keep things milder, do this: Slice, remove seeds, then boil for 5-10 minutes. Then, chop.
- Sauté the onion. It just tastes so much better this way.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
- Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes, unless you’re a savage like me and just want to start eating immediately. That’s cool, too!
- Tag ME in your Instagram photos, then thank me… because it’s THAT GOOD!
One thought on “Recipe: Holy Guacamole”