I was pleasantly surprised by this one! It’s a healthy, low-carb dish, and full of flavor. My husband is a good ole Bama boy and tends to be a harsh critic when it comes to my low-carb dishes, but even he approved! [He then ate ice cream for dessert.]
Thanks, Best Recipe Box!
*Scroll down for recipe*
Fact: Find a chicken, pick it up & all day long you’ll have good cluck
What you’ll need:
- 2 pounds of boneless chicken breasts
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 4 Tbs. butter, divided
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 10.5 ounces (1 can) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- ¾ cup water
- 2 to 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika, then set aside.
- Heat large pan on medium-high heat. Melt half the butter (2 tablespoons), then add chicken. Cook for five minutes on each side, or until the chicken is browned.
- Remove chicken from pan, cover and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt remaining butter. Add the garlic and cook until garlic is lightly brown and fragrant. Whisk in the condensed cream of chicken soup and water. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbly, then turn heat down to low.
- Add chicken and broccoli back into the pan and cover with a lid. Cook for about another ten minutes or until the chicken is almost cooked through.
- Serve with rice, pasta, and wedges of lemon. Garnish with chopped parsley [To keep this low-carb, I served mine over cauliflower rice.]
Watch my cooking demo below: