Good news! You’ve just stumbled upon your new go-to item to bring to a party. YAY – Congrats!
These jalapeno popper rollups give me life. It truly makes me sad that we didn’t meet each other until I was 29-years-old but better late than never! They are easy to make, taste incredible, aren’t spicy AT ALL, and they are a perfect snack, appetizer or item to pack for lunch.
Healthy? Umm… let’s not go there.
*Scroll down for recipe*
“That’s too much bacon,” said no one ever.
What you’ll need:
- 4-5 Jalapenos
- 4-6 tortilla shells
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-3 cups grated cheese [I prefer Colby jack + cheddar]
- 1 cup diced bacon [If you’re lazy like me, just buy the chopped bacon in the salad dressing section at the grocery store]
- Start off by removing seeds and membranes from the jalapenos. Bring a pan of water to a boil, then drop the jalapenos into the boiling water. Boil for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. [This brings down the heat of the jalapenos.]
- Dice the jalapenos.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese until smooth. Add diced jalapenos, diced bacon, and grated cheese. Stir until combined.
- Lay tortillas out, then divide cream cheese mixture into fourths and spoon onto tortilla shells. [I use more than 4 tortilla shells, so I just spread the mixture evenly on however many shells it takes until the mix runs out.]
- Spread cream cheese mix to edges of tortillas and roll up.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, then refrigerate for three hours or overnight.
- Trim the ends off roll-ups, cut roll-ups in slices.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days [I’m usually only able to store for about 30 minutes, bc my husband demolishes them at a rapid pace.]
Thank you for the recipe, Little Dairy on the Prairie!