We LOVE pasta dishes in the Burk house, and this is a recipe I’ve been making for years – all thanks to the Kardashian family. [So embarrassing, I know.]
Not to sound like a total psycho, BUT, I was watching an episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians years ago, and Khloe said she was going to make Lamar some pasta primavera. That’s when I decided to look up my own recipe, and I’ve been making it ever since because it’s truly a winner… Sooooo, even though Khloe and Lamar didn’t last, this recipe surely has. [Thanks, Khloe!]
*Scroll down for recipe*
What do you call a fake noodle? An impasta!
What you’ll need:
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked farfalle pasta [I usually substitute for penne]
- 1 pound hot Italian turkey sausage, cut into ½ inch slices
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 small zucchinis, chopped
- 2 small yellow squash, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 20 leaves of fresh basil
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules [This is what I use]
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes [A little extra if you like things spicy]
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook pasta 10 minutes, until al dente. Then, drain.
- Place sausage in a large skillet over medium heat and cook until evenly brown – set aside. Heat ¼ cup oil in skillet. Stir in garlic and onion, and cook until tender. Mix in zucchini, squash, bell pepper and basil. Dissolve bouillon in the mix. Season with red pepper, then stir in remaining oil. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Mix pasta, sausage, and cheese into skillet. Continue cooking 5 minutes, or until heated through.
Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com, but slightly modified.